This year I lost 15 lbs and I feel really great. I wanted to share some of my tips with you.
1) Exercise- Exercise is underrated! Exercise makes you look good and feel good both physically and emotionally and also boosts your immunity. I exercise 4-6 days a week for about 20-30 minutes only. I have great exercise videos at home and have even pulled up some great programs off of YouTube. I like to mix it up with aerobic ( I love dance videos and Zumba) and strengthening exercises ( I love Pilates). The latest in exercise research is to mix up your exercises. Also, interval training is highly effective and takes only 20 minutes to do. You can interval train by biking, running, swimming or walking. Interval training is alternating periods of moderate and intense work.
2) No sugar.
3) High soluble fiber diet and low carbohydrates.
4) Drink lots of water.
5) I try to eat gluten free whole grain products when I do eat carbs. For example, for breakfast I like Udi’s gluten free whole grain bread toasted with a little almond butter.
6) Snacks for me include cheese, yogurt, raw almonds or walnuts, fresh fruits or vegetables.
7) Go to sleep around the same time each night.
8) Low stress. I enjoy 20 minutes of prayer and meditation each morning.
9) Eat small portions.
10) I do not eat again at night after eating dinner.
11) Absolutely no fast food.
12) I drink a glass of water with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon of Metamucil (unflavored) daily. This concoction wards off cholesterol issues and encourages weight loss and is detoxifying. Not everyone can drink apple cider vinegar daily so research the contradictors first before consuming it.
I hope some of my ideas encourage you to lose weight and eat healthier!