Since my daughter was little, she has been extremely allergic to poison ivy. I’ve had to come up with a method that was both safe and natural to get rid of it quickly. Poison ivy can be contracted from direct contact with the plant or also from contaminated clothes, garden tools, and even pets.
1) Upon contact with poison ivy or even if you think you might have brushed up against it like on a hike, wash as soon as possible with jewelweed soap. The phytochemicals in the leaves of the jewelweed are used to help counteract skin irritants from other plants like poison ivy and oak. I found the soap at my local Agway, however there are many recipes on the internet to make it yourself. If you can’t find jewelweed soap, then you can purchase Technu skin cleanser which is found in pharmacies, to help remove the poison ivy oil and prevent the spread of the rash.
2) You can use Technu anti-itch spray (ages 2 years and older), if you are itchy. It is homeopathic and herbal and I use it instead of calamine lotion.
3) I use Rhus toxicondrendrum 30c, 2 times per day. It is a homeopathic remedy taken orally. Use for approximately 3 days. In my opinion, it is the Rhus toxicondrendrum that helps ameliorate the symptoms and rash very quickly. Remember, we heal from the inside out.
4) Lastly, don’t forget to wash any clothing, pets or tools that may be contaminated.